Thursday, October 23, 2003

Phew! Part 1

Hooray...I feel decently good about that test...I have a new library. Spot coffee on Elmwood. Why didn't I ever think of that before? It's close, fun, warm (I keep the heat really low, my parents would be proud), and they have coffee/tea on demand. Plus, if you don't go there with someone, you have no need to talk. I did some of my best studying in years there!

Weather forecast for Buffalo:

Cold, cloudy, but no snow.

I don't know why, but I feel cheated. How dare Boston!? What nerve have they! To be snowing before it snows in Buffalo. There's one thing I feel I can count on in this derelict world, and that's the pride of having the worst f***ing winters around! Snowy, cold, and most importantly, windy. My sense of community, my sense of place in this world evolves around the snow. Boston, you have your curse and your American Revolution and Sam Adams (all things I love), give Buffalo it's pride, give us our godforsaken winters!!! Bastards.

This is an actual conversation that I heard between two classmates talking about their military experience:

Ex-military/semi-hippie: "So they told us all, this is Korea, you don't know cold!"
New military recruit/buzz-cut hopeful: "what did you say?"
Ex-military/semi-hippie: "they asked where I was from, and I said Buffalo. They said, 'Buffalo!! Oh, you know cold'"

That's right, mofos! I KNOW COLD! UPSTATERS KNOW COLD! I'll take back our winter thank you! (It's the principle element in keeping away droves of Long Islanders)

Song of the Moment: Cat Stevens "Peace Train"
Album of the moment: Nickel Creek "Nickel Creek" and "This Side"
Band: Wilco
Food: Peanut Butter M&M